You are here
China's National Center for Food Safety Risk Assessment (CFSA) is currently soliciting public comments on nine National Food Safety Standards covering nutrition enhancers, dairy products and food contaminants. Public consultation on these standards concludes on 3 June 2020 or 6 June 2020, depending on the standard concerned.
Verisk 3E Review
Public consultation is currently open for the following National Food Safety Standards:
- National Food Safety Standard - Milk Powders (食品安全国家标准 乳粉)
- National Food Safety Standard - Condensed Milk Products (食品安全国家标准 浓缩乳制品)
Once adopted, these standards would provide definitions for the regulated products (i.e., milk powders and condensed milk products), along with the technical requirements with which a regulated product must comply. These technical requirements include requirements for product ingredients/raw materials, product sensory requirements, product physiochemical requirements and limits on food contaminants and microbial contamination as well as product labeling requirements. Both proposed standards would replace their previous version issued in 2010.
Standards for Nutritional Foods and Special Dietary Supplements
- National Food Safety Standard for Nutrition Enhancer - Potassium L-ascorbate (食品安全国家标准 食品营养强化剂 L-抗坏血酸钾)
- National Food Safety Standard for Nutrition Enhancer - Chromium Chloride (食品安全国家标准 食品营养强化剂 氯化铬)
- National Food Safety Standard for Nutrition Enhancer - Manganese Citrate (食品安全国家标准 食品营养强化剂 柠檬酸锰)
Once adopted these standards would regulate the quality of the three identified nutrition enhancers currently permitted in food products in China. The standards were proposed for the first time to provide quality specifications for these nutrition enhancers. Specifically, these standards provide sensory requirements and physiochemical requirements for regulated nutrition enhancers. Test methods would also be prescribed under the standards to verify the compliance conditions of regulated nutrition enhancers with these requirements.
- National Food Safety Standard - Determination of Total Mercury and Organic Mercury in Foods (食品安全国家标准 食品中总汞及有机汞的测定)
- National Food Safety Standard - Determination of Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbon in Foods (食品安全国家标准 食品中多环芳烃的测定)
- National Food Safety Standard - Determination of Folic Acid in Foods (食品安全国家标准 食品中叶酸的测定)
- National Food Safety Standard - Determination of Residual Content of Ethoxyquin in Foods (食品安全国家标准 食品中乙氧基喹啉残留量的测定)
Once adopted these standards would provide detailed test methods for determining the content of regulated substances as indicated in the standard titles, including instructions on the testing process and the calculation of test results. These standards would replace their previous versions.
Public comments are due for all of the above-mentioned standards on 3 June 2020, with the exception of the three standards related to nutrition enhancers. Public comments on these three standards may be submitted to the CFSA by 6 June 2020. Comments can be submitted online.